The Advanced Environmental Research Institute's Board of Advisors includes industry leaders and nationally-recognized scholars. The institute will work closely with its advisors for guidance in pursuit of market-centric research, national funding and industry partnership and funding opportunities. The board will meet with the institute team quarterly and will spend time with individual institute members on key projects as determined. Board members, who will serve three-year terms, also may participate in future public forums.
Board of Advisors members are:
- Mary Barber, senior scientist, RTI International.
- Allen Burton, professor and director, Cooperative Institute for Limnology & Ecosystems Research, University of Michigan.
- Elizabeth C. Fleming, director, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center Environmental Laboratory.
- Josh Lipton, division vice president for environment and natural resources, Abt Associates Inc.
- Brian Trusty, executive director, Audubon Texas.